Covid-19 FAQs – Sasa-ginni-gak Lodge
- Masks must be worn on flights.
- You must provide your own mask.
Before You Leave Home
- Please have a mask for every member of your group for your flight to the lodge AND one that can be used on your flight returning from the lodge.
- Ensure you will be able to answer the pre-travel questionnaire confirming you are healthy and not experiencing any potential COVID-19 symptoms.
Your flight with Northway Aviation
- Transport Canada regulations require that all passengers must wear a face covering to help prevent the spread of Covid. You will be denied boarding if you do not have a mask or face covering.
- Guests must answer a pre-travel questionnaire confirming they are healthy and not experiencing any potential COVID-19 symptoms. Any passenger exhibiting symptoms will be denied boarding.
- Transport Canada regulations can be found here.
- Northway’s small aircraft do not allow for physical-distancing between passengers and therefore masks must be worn. Northway will do its best to only have people in your own group traveling with you on the aircraft.
- Aircraft will be cleaned in between every flight at Sas and at St. Andrews.
- These procedures will remain in place until such a time that Transport Canada regulations and/or provincial physical distancing requirements change.
Arriving at Northway Aviation in St. Andrews
- Please come directly to the cargo door on the west side of the building when you arrive
- All gear must be unloaded here before you head to the waiting room. (No carry-on is allowed on the aircraft).
- Please follow all Covid procedures as posted in the cargo area.
- All gear and belongings must be packaged properly in boxes or coolers (no bags please).
Arriving at Sas
- Masks are required to be worn on flights to and from the lodge. Please bring your own mask with you and make sure you have one to use for your return trip at the end of your stay. continued on next page
- To allow for adequate cleaning between guests, if there is a group departing from your cabin the same day as your arrival, our staff will require some extra time for extra cleaning.
- When possible, and if suitable to your group, staff will have your boats ready upon your arrival so you will have the option to head straight out on the lake and come back later to unpack your gear in your cabin.
- An approved cleaning solution will be used to sanitize cabins between guests.
- Daily cleaning services will not be offered during this time but if you need anything our staff will provide it for you.
In the Main Lodge
The number of people in the main lodge may be limited to your group only or to comply with provincially regulated maximum gathering sizes. The main lodge guest washroom will be open and available. Other shared washrooms (i.e. staff quarters) will not be available to guests. Access to the fish filleting shed will be limited to only members of the same group at one time.
What if I want to reschedule my trip?
Trips can be rescheduled to later dates in 2020 or to the 2021 season.
What if I start to feel ill on my trip?
Guests who are ill and suspect they have a Covid-19 illness should remain in their cabin and will be flown out on the next available flight.